Full Name Sunanda Sen
Preferred Name Sunanda Sen
Email sunanda.sen AT gmail.com
Affiliation(s) Former Professor of Economics, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
About Me Sunanda Sen is former Professor of Economics, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. She researches contemporary capitalism, international finance, economic history and development. Sen’s current research relates to global finance, money, development, labor, economic history, and gender studies. In addition to contributing articles to academic journals, she has published many books. Here is a selection:
- The Changing Face of Imperialism Colonialism to Contemporary Capitalism (co-edited with Maria Cristina Marcuzzo), 2019;
- Dominant Finance and Stagnant Economies, 2014;
- Unfreedom and Waged Work: Labour in India’s Manufacturing Industry (with B. Dasgupta), 2009;
- Globalisation and Development, 2007;
- Global Finance at Risk: On Real Stagnation and Instability, 2003
- Trade and Dependence: Essays on the Indian Economy, 2000.
Colonies and Empire, 1992.
Expertise by Geography South Asia
Expertise by sub-field Economic Development, Economic History, Economics of Imperialism, Feminist Economics / Economics of Gender, Financial Economics / Money and Banking, Heterodox Economics, International Finance, International Trade, Labor Economics, Marxist Economics, Political Economy
Availability for Media Contact Media Contact
Website Personal Webpage
Research Gate Profile